Nefertai is a Floral Wilden, a member of her species imbued with the plant sap of its parent plant. Covering her skin appears to be fur from afar but is evidently some kind of brown bark. This can be calcified during battle for greater defense.
- Floral Wilden living on the edge of the Forever Forest, left home for a few days and returned to find everyone dead and that part of the forest burned down by the Imperium of Man (4,314 CE at the age of 20).
- Confronted soldiers and lumberjack over atrocity. Was sneared at and attacked, fought back, killing several soldiers.
- Taken into custody, and, as an oddity of nature, travel the Federation and Imperium trying to sell Nefertai as a slave. Her scathing hatred of humanoids, deters all buyers.
- Eventually, bandits attack the slave caravan and Nefertai escapes in the confusion. This happens near the border to the Confederacy.
- Becomes protector (forest ranger) to various Fey creatures in the Manichean forests.
- Finds baby owlbear who was orphaned by hunters. On that same day, there was a supernova in the night sky, cementing the idea that Nefertai had formed a life bond with the young creature.